Highlite Forum

Full Version: LAMPY 20, DONGLE YES, 1.1, touch screen connected in blue usb, no internal screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lampy 20, 2 universes

Software Version

External touch screen connected:
Yes

No USB devices, no network devices
Short description of the bug:
If I connect a touchscreen, and I plug the USB in a  blue (3.0) USB port, I can' t power up the console. If I unplug the USB cable, it starts up immediate. If I plug it back, the internal screen goes off. If I plug the screen in the grey (2.0) USB ports there is no problem 

How to reproduce the bug
Plug a touch screen in the blue USB port before startup and try to power the console

What do you expect?
I expect that it does not matter which USB port I use
Can you confirm that this touchscreen works on a Computer?

We've successfully used touchscreens in the past an thoroughly, and I have not seen this issue.

To me it seems power related.
What is the make and model of the Touchscreen?

Best,
Denis
Hello Denis,

It is a Planair PCT 2265 touchscreen and it does work in the USB 2.0 ports.

All the best,

Bastiaan
Hi Bastiaan,

thats the exact same model that I have here at my office, and it works fine with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 on all the ports (at least on my console Wink )

I assume you tried with a different cables, as well?
Is the cable a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 cable?
If it's 3.0, can you try a 2.0 cable?

Denis
Hello Denis,

What a coincidence! Well, I think it is a USB 2.0 cable. They mix up a lot. Then I have to find a USB 3.0 cable to try. Thanks again!
Let me know how it goes - maybe the cable also does not play so well with USB3 Ports.

Altough it is technically compatible, USB3 has more pins on the "outside" part of the plug. If there is something in the USB2 cable causing to short them, it could cause the issues you are seeing.

The noticable difference between USB 2 and USB 3 is that the side that plugs into the Screen has a "dent" on the outside, housing the other pins.

Denis
Thank you, I am sure it will be something like that. Will test it if I have an other cable. Best, Bastiaan
How did this end?
Also, I'm going to move this post to the Hardware Sub Forum Smile
Glad to hear your ideas about this problem

(29-03-2021, 08:03 PM)LightDark Wrote: [ -> ]Lampy 20, 2 universes

Software Version

External touch screen connected:
Yes

No USB devices, no network devices
Short description of the bug:
If I connect a touchscreen, and I plug the USB in a  blue (3.0) USB port, I can' t power up the console. If I unplug the USB cable, it starts up immediate. If I plug it back, the internal screen goes off. If I plug the screen in the grey (2.0) USB ports there is no problem 

How to reproduce the bug
Plug a touch screen in the blue USB port before startup and try to power the console

What do you expect?
I expect that it does not matter which USB port I use
I also own this model
Pages: 1 2