Highlite Forum

Full Version: Chimp 100, V1.12 Bug report: Misterious behaviour of dimmer channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Following scenario makes a problem in V1.12 beta in my show.
I have patched 6 "Ignition Teatro Led Spot 100".
I recorded all 6 with 100% dimmer to cuelist 1.
I recorded the two left outermost with 100% dimmer to cuelist 2.
I recorded the two in the middle with 100% dimmer to cuelist 3.
I recorder the two right outermost with 100% dimmer to cuelist 4.
I set Dimmer HTP on all 4 cuelists.
Assign cuelist 1 to fader 1, cuelist 2 to fader 2, cueslist 3 to fader 3, cuelist 4 to fader 4. Auto ON on all of them.
So far, each fader absolutely works correct. Fader 1 increases dimmer on all 6, Fader 2 only on the two leftmost, and so on.
When I now save the show and reload it, sometimes only the first fader works, sometimes only the ones where I recorded 2 of the 6 fixtures. I can only fix it by deleting the cuelists and redo all my work.
I did use our chimp yesterday for the first time after a long pause, freshly updated to 1.12.

I think what you are describing is exactly what I experienced yesterday and let me nearly question myself.

I justed needed 5 Generic Dimmer fixtures on a fader - 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 - and also 6 again on another fader. Recorded this, set "Dimmer HTP" in the cuelists as #6 is in both Cues.

Had a console crash meanwhile when programming RGB (will discuss this in another thread), rebooted and was later wondering why #6 wasn't on the first fader anymore (99,9% sure this worked before). Reprogrammed everything. Tested again shortly before the show. Now #3 was included in the cue (which shouldn't be), but #5 wasn't anymore. Thought maybe I had messed up something in the hurry - how on earth should the Cue content have moved?

Nearly drove me nuts...
There was an issue with priorities not being applied properly in v1.12.
In your case it should be enough to turn HTP off and on again for each of the lists after loading the Showfile (although I understand this is annoying).
This issue will be fixed with version 2.0.
[quote pid="2220" dateline="1627841031"]
I can't confirm that disabling and enabling the Dimmer HTP of all the affected cuelists is sufficient. It's a combination of doing this and loading the cues to the programmer once.
Unfortunately this is really annoying...

[/quote]
I understand this is annoying; but it is indeed fixed in 2.0. I would recommend going back to 1.11 if this is a major concern for you (however 1.12 files can not be opened in 1.11).

Denis
One little thing though: After changing the priorities make sure you turn off the Cuelists (Off -> Faderlabel or button) so that the cuelists are not displayed in green any more.