Highlite Forum

Full Version: Deleting fixtures from preset deletes complete preset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I selected two RGBW PAR fixtures and set their RGBW values to the color RED.
Then I selected two other RGBW PAR fxitures and set their RGBW values to BLUE.
I recorded the above mentioned programmer content to an empty preset and named it RED PRESET.
As I mistakenly also recorded the two blue fixtures into that preset, I wanted to remove them from the preset.
So, with a cleared programmer I loaded the preset (LOAD + Preset), selected the two blue fixtures and pressed REC -> REMOVE -> PRESET.
I expected, that this would remove the values in the programmer from the preset, but instead it deleted the complete preset. 
As I tried to store a new preset on the place where the deleted one was, the suggested name reflected the  old name RED PRESET. So it seems, there is also something left in the background...
Am I wrong, that you should be able to remove specific content from a preset as you are for a cue?
Best regards,
Edi
This will consider the whole preset empty, as all the fixture values that are in the preset now have all of the presets value in the programmer. As such, it is no longer shown in the UI. If you re-record something to the same place the name is kept as the preset has never really been deleted.

Record -> Remove removes the programmer content from the preset for all fixtures that have values to be removed in the programmer (as stated in section 19.9 in the user manual).

To just remove the blue LED Pars only, just select the two fixtures, touch the encoders for the parameters you would like to remove, and then do Rec -> Remove -> Preset.

Also, moving this into General Questions as this is not a bug.

Denis
[quote pid="2409" dateline="1637661159"]
Oh yeah, dumb me...

You're absolutely right! I should have used OFF + RED fixtures to remove them completely from the programmer and then the REC REMOVE would have worked!

Sometimes you simply can't remember the things you already worked with...

Thank you Denis for the hint!
[/quote]
No worries Smile