Highlite Forum

Full Version: Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've received a tourpack with version 1.08. Banana wing is connected and working but when I look in setup menu at the outputs DMX universe 3 and 4 are shown as Disabled.
Seems if wing has not unlocked the additional universes.

May this be a software bug?
Any hints?
Tried to change the USB Cable between Wing and Console, I had the same problem and the solution was to change the USB Cable.
(10-02-2019, 01:42 AM)MSteger Wrote: [ -> ]Tried to change the USB Cable between Wing and Console,  I had the same problem and the solution was to change the USB Cable.
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the hint! Today I had the possibility to try your suggestion. Unfortunately it did not work and the universes are still not accessible. Everything else is working, just the universes 3 & 4 are not available.

BTW I tried this without having anything connected to universe 1 & 2. Don't know if this matters.
Should not matter if universe 1&2 , does the wing work correctly? So do you see the faders on the second touchscreen?
For me it looks like it works correctly. I can use commands like LINK+Play-Button of Fader on Wing and the window to link a cueList appears.

So for me it seems like the connection works. Are you on the latest firmware V1.08?
So maybe it's the same issue as a colleague of mine had, he had to send it to Highlite back for repair. Now it's working properly.
So I would suggest you contact Highlite.
Ok, thanks. I'll contact the dealer where I bought it.
Hi Edi,
it indeed sounds like a comunication problem between the two.
if you have an USB HUB available, please use this inbetween the Chimp and the Banana.
as it acts as a data buffer, this could just solve the issue.
(13-02-2019, 09:01 PM)Ron Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Edi,
it indeed sounds like a comunication problem between the two.
if you have an USB HUB available, please use this inbetween the Chimp and the Banana.
as it acts as a data buffer, this could just solve the issue.
Hi Ron,

Is this a known problem and your suggestion thought to be a workaround before it is really fixed?

I don't want to be forced to use a USB hub to fix a problem in the communication between chimp and wing that should work "by design". Also it is strange, that the rest of the communication works, except for the unlocking of universe 3 & 4. 

And really weird is, that I already had three times when it worked as it should...

Best regards,
Edi
Hello try to cut of the power from the wing after the full start of the chimp the it will be unlocked, i has the same problem after the uptate to 1.08
Pages: 1 2