Highlite Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] x-fade is not working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a problem with the function x-fade at cue lists. the cue is on a fader and is set as x-fade. but the chimp does not fade from one step to the other but always turns hard in the middle. 
Under fade I show that I can thread slowly between the cues, or I see that wrong?  Confused
(09-05-2019, 04:04 PM)sneaker Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with the function x-fade at cue lists. the cue is on a fader and is set as x-fade. but the chimp does not fade from one step to the other but always turns hard in the middle. 
Under fade I show that I can thread slowly between the cues, or I see that wrong?  Confused
Did you make sure that the data in the cues between which you want to fade are fadeable?
yes of course, tested with pan / tilt and color RGB. both did not work. does something else have to be considered in the settings that I did not recognize? infade works, x-fade not
Could you check for me if your fade timings in the edit cuelist window are set to default and not to a fade master.

Cheers,
Hi Wesley,

Yes fade timings is set default. No fade times set in the cue.
(20-05-2019, 02:23 PM)sneaker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Wesley,

Yes fade timings is set default. No fade times set in the cue.

Hi Sneaker,

Please send me your show and i will get back to you.

Cheers.

info@blackoutlighting.nl
(09-05-2019, 04:04 PM)i have a problem with the function x-fade at cue lists. the cue is on a fader and is set as x-fade. but the chimp does not fade from one step to the other but always turns hard in the middle. Wrote: [ -> ]Under fade I show that I can thread slowly between the cues, or I see that wrong?  Confused

Hello Sneaker,

give at the in-fade time any value except 0 sec (so 0.1 sec will do the job) and try to X-Fade again.
Hi Sneaker,

As promissed, i checked your showfile and the corresponding X-fade fader. problem is as followed.
first cue - you entered for 2 movingheads a PT value
second cue - you entered for 2 OTHER movingheads PT values.

Problem with you X-Fade is that the first 2 movingheads have no values recorded in the second cue.
they simply have nothing to fade to. the same goes for the last 2 movingheads.
in order to fade between the 2 steps you need to record values for all the movingheads in both cues.

Cheers
Hi Wesley

Yes that is true the problem that only one value is stored.

But that is the goal. I would always like to fade from the current value on the channel to an fixed value in the cue. that always varied for two groups.
I need that so that the start is not fixed is only the end. so i can combine that with any position.

With kind regards
Hi Sneaker,
I do understand your need but cant see how that would work with X-fade. the x-fade as it is only refferes to the values stored in the 2 cues 
off that x-fader. wich other console to your knowledge has this ability? just so i can get a refference.
Cheers
Pages: 1 2