Highlite Forum

Full Version: Infinity + LOAD and LOAD + AttributeGroup does not update programmer correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The programmer is not always loaded / update with the correct values.

Following example:
- Patch two dimmers
- Select the two dimmer fixtures, add Dimmer Wave Fx and record to fader 1
- Set fader 1 to 60%
- Select fixture 1 and press INFINITY + LOAD
- Current output for fixture 1 is loaded to programmer -> OK
- Now move fader 1 to 100%
- Also select fixture 2 an press INFINITY + LOAD again
- Current output for fixture 2 is loaded to programmer too, but current output for fixture 1 is not updated to new value -> NOT OK
- Even more worse is, that the fixture count in the FX is not updated to 2!!! -> ALSO NOT OK

The same problem exists when you press LOAD and select an attribute group on the touchscreen
LOAD+Effects does not update the selected fixtures when you have added a fixture to the selection after you have once called LOAD+Effects with an other fixture selection.

In my opinion, every INFINITY+LOAD or LOAD+AttributeGroup or LOAD+FIXTURE or LOAD+EFFECTS should update the programmer values for the selected fixtures.
This is not a bug.

If a fixture is in the programmer with a value, its value is output (with priority of the programmer being over the playback priority), hence if you load the output it loads the value that is in the programmer already.
(08-05-2020, 07:59 PM)denishessberger Wrote: [ -> ]This is not a bug.

If a fixture is in the programmer with a value, its value is output (with priority of the programmer being over the playback priority), hence if you load the output it loads the value that is in the programmer already.
I understand your explaination and I can agree regarding updating the values, but regarding the number of fixtures in the FX I dont agree as it behaves different from loading values. For eg. dimmer an additional selected fixture is also loaded into the programmer, but for FX the additional selected fixture is not.
Hence it can be solved by either selecting all relevant fixtures before loading the Fx or by updating the fixtures in the FX manually I can also live with the current implementation.   Smile
Thank you Denis for your answer.
You're Welcome.

We'll still look into the FX Issue - as we made massive changes to the underlaying engine (output + fx engine) for multicell as well, it *may* be doable to keep these effects together in the editor.