Highlite Forum
Multiple Monitors for onPC? - Printable Version

+- Highlite Forum (https://forum.highlite.com)
+-- Forum: Infinity Chimp (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Chimp General Questions (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: Multiple Monitors for onPC? (/showthread.php?tid=1180)

Multiple Monitors for onPC? - Sebastian R. - 21-09-2021

Hey!

Is there a way to have two Monitors for the onPC Virtual Machine?

VMWare requires the installation of the VMWare tools to be able to get two monitors, but without root on the system that would be difficult to install.

Two monitors would be handy to have the Main Screen on one and the "physical" UI on the other.

Thanks!

RE: Multiple Monitors for onPC? - denishessberger - 22-09-2021

(21-09-2021, 09:52 PM)Sebastian R. Wrote: Hey!

Is there a way to have two Monitors for the onPC Virtual Machine?

VMWare requires the installation of the VMWare tools to be able to get two monitors, but without root on the system that would be difficult to install.

Two monitors would be handy to have the Main Screen on one and the "physical" UI on the other.

Thanks!

Hi there.

Yes, I've just tested and confirmed that two monitors work (at least in Windows). As soon as 3 monitors are involved there seems to be either a bug in VM-Ware, the VM-Ware drivers inside the Chimp OS or the Linux Kernel that prevent using more than 2 monitors. In all of these cases there is not much we can do except issuing bug reports and hoping that they will fix the issue.

To enable two monitors, move your mouse cursor to the top of the screen and click on the "Cycle Screens" button.

Please see the screenshot attached to this post.

RE: Multiple Monitors for onPC? - Sebastian R. - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 09:08 AM)denishessberger Wrote: Hi there.

Yes, I've just tested and confirmed that two monitors work (at least in Windows). As soon as 3 monitors are involved there seems to be either a bug in VM-Ware, the VM-Ware drivers inside the Chimp OS or the Linux Kernel that prevent using more than 2 monitors. In all of these cases there is not much we can do except issuing bug reports and hoping that they will fix the issue.

To enable two monitors, move your mouse cursor to the top of the screen and click on the "Cycle Screens" button.

Please see the screenshot attached to this post.

I'm not at home at the moment, but that would "emulate" two monitors within one windows of VMWare, isn't it?

I wasn't able to get two seperate windows out of VMWare for my two physical monitors - I was asked to update the VMWare tools on the Unix system (the Chimp).

But I'll give it a test later!

RE: Multiple Monitors for onPC? - Sebastian R. - 22-09-2021

Okay, it works. You can select a layout which monitors can be occupied by VMWare.

Thanks!

RE: Multiple Monitors for onPC? - denishessberger - 22-09-2021

Then you’re luckier than me - I also have three screens attached (2x 2560x1440 and 1x 1280x800 touchscreen) and it only worked once I disconnected the small screen. Some research showed that apparently one of the softwares in between does not like differently sized screens, so for me it didn’t work at all with all 3 attached.

RE: Multiple Monitors for onPC? - violatetour - 18-11-2022

Fortunately it worked. I follow you, choose a layout where VMWare can take up the screens.