Highlite Forum
Group updates in Cues - Printable Version

+- Highlite Forum (https://forum.highlite.com)
+-- Forum: Infinity Chimp (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Chimp General Questions (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: Group updates in Cues (/showthread.php?tid=1547)

Group updates in Cues - florian_rob - 29-10-2023

Hello everybody,
Im currently working on a busking file for my Chimp. Now i am running into a problem while using groups.
I have made a cuelist with cue 1 group1 @full and group2 @0 and cue2 group1 @0 and group2 @full.
This cuelist will then be used in my "bump menue" and is triggered by Soundmaster 1. Everything works so far but when i want to update the fixtures in group1 and group2 the cue dosnt get upgraded.
I thought groups would work simular to presets but if i change the content of the group the Cuelist i have used the group will not update to the new fixtures wich i have in the group.
Do i have missed something here ? or is there a work around ?
greetingĀ 
Flo

RE: Group updates in Cues - dd-dietrich - 01-11-2023

(29-10-2023, 08:21 PM)florian_rob Wrote: Hello everybody,
Im currently working on a busking file for my Chimp. Now i am running into a problem while using groups.
I have made a cuelist with cue 1 group1 @full and group2 @0 and cue2 group1 @0 and group2 @full.
This cuelist will then be used in my "bump menue" and is triggered by Soundmaster 1. Everything works so far but when i want to update the fixtures in group1 and group2 the cue dosnt get upgraded.
I thought groups would work simular to presets but if i change the content of the group the Cuelist i have used the group will not update to the new fixtures wich i have in the group.
greetingĀ 
Flo
Hi Flo,
i guess i need to disappoint you.
As far as i know Groups only simplify the selection of fixtures but are not reference from cuelists. Like that anupdate of a group does not influence existing cuelists which is reasonable since you could replace it with totally different fixtures containing other properties which then could not be resolved.
To me no common workaround for that is known.

Best regards
Flo

RE: Group updates in Cues - florian_rob - 22-11-2023

(01-11-2023, 06:45 PM)dd-dietrich Wrote:
(29-10-2023, 08:21 PM)florian_rob Wrote: Hello everybody,
greetingĀ 
Flo
Hi Flo,
i guess i need to disappoint you.
As far as i know Groups only simplify the selection of fixtures but are not reference from cuelists. Like that anupdate of a group does not influence existing cuelists which is reasonable since you could replace it with totally different fixtures containing other properties which then could not be resolved.
To me no common workaround for that is known.

Best regards
Flo

Hey Flo Wink

Thanks for your reply,

I have now solved the problem by using the All Preset and recoded way more fixtures in the preset that i will ever use in this showfile. So now i can replace the presets values with just the fixtures that im going to use.

Best regards
Flo

RE: Group updates in Cues - Fernando Stokes - 27-11-2023

You can update the cue in your cuelist by hand after making changes to the matches in groups 1 and 2. To do this, you need to go to the cue and change the appointment assignments to match the new groups. This way, when the cue is set, it will show the new fixtures bloons tower defense.