Highlite Forum
Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 - Printable Version

+- Highlite Forum (https://forum.highlite.com)
+-- Forum: Infinity Chimp (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Chimp Hardware (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 (/showthread.php?tid=340)

Pages: 1 2

Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 - Edi_28 - 08-02-2019

I've received a tourpack with version 1.08. Banana wing is connected and working but when I look in setup menu at the outputs DMX universe 3 and 4 are shown as Disabled.
Seems if wing has not unlocked the additional universes.

May this be a software bug?
Any hints?

RE: Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 - MSteger - 10-02-2019

Tried to change the USB Cable between Wing and Console, I had the same problem and the solution was to change the USB Cable.

RE: Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 - Edi_28 - 11-02-2019

(10-02-2019, 01:42 AM)MSteger Wrote: Tried to change the USB Cable between Wing and Console,  I had the same problem and the solution was to change the USB Cable.
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the hint! Today I had the possibility to try your suggestion. Unfortunately it did not work and the universes are still not accessible. Everything else is working, just the universes 3 & 4 are not available.

BTW I tried this without having anything connected to universe 1 & 2. Don't know if this matters.

RE: Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 - MSteger - 11-02-2019

Should not matter if universe 1&2 , does the wing work correctly? So do you see the faders on the second touchscreen?

For me it looks like it works correctly. I can use commands like LINK+Play-Button of Fader on Wing and the window to link a cueList appears.

So for me it seems like the connection works. Are you on the latest firmware V1.08?

RE: Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 - MSteger - 11-02-2019

So maybe it's the same issue as a colleague of mine had, he had to send it to Highlite back for repair. Now it's working properly.
So I would suggest you contact Highlite.

Ok, thanks. I'll contact the dealer where I bought it.

RE: Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 - Ron - 13-02-2019

Hi Edi,
it indeed sounds like a comunication problem between the two.
if you have an USB HUB available, please use this inbetween the Chimp and the Banana.
as it acts as a data buffer, this could just solve the issue.

RE: Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 - Edi_28 - 14-02-2019

(13-02-2019, 09:01 PM)Ron Wrote: Hi Edi,
it indeed sounds like a comunication problem between the two.
if you have an USB HUB available, please use this inbetween the Chimp and the Banana.
as it acts as a data buffer, this could just solve the issue.
Hi Ron,

Is this a known problem and your suggestion thought to be a workaround before it is really fixed?

I don't want to be forced to use a USB hub to fix a problem in the communication between chimp and wing that should work "by design". Also it is strange, that the rest of the communication works, except for the unlocking of universe 3 & 4. 

And really weird is, that I already had three times when it worked as it should...

Best regards,
Edi

RE: Banana Wing does not unlock universe 3/4 - dechris - 15-02-2019

Hello try to cut of the power from the wing after the full start of the chimp the it will be unlocked, i has the same problem after the uptate to 1.08