Highlite Forum
[DONE 1.12] Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - Printable Version

+- Highlite Forum (https://forum.highlite.com)
+-- Forum: Infinity Chimp (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Chimp Bug Reports (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: [DONE 1.12] Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently (/showthread.php?tid=343)

[DONE 1.12] Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - Edi_28 - 14-02-2019

Yesterday I programmed a show and had a fixture of type "Ignition Teatro LED Spot 100FR" in my show. The default value for parameter "Zoom" is set to 128, which comes from AtlaBase library.

I wanted to change this value to 0 in the show libray and saved the change. But when I reopened the fixture editor I saw that the value was reset to 128 and my change was not saved. The same problem with the highlight values. I did not try to change other parameters.

I also were not able to change the values in a newly created fixture with the "Teatro" as base.

Tested in V1.08

RE: Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - denishessberger - 19-02-2019

I have just tested this in various scenarious and could not replicate the issue.
Is there any cuelists active that could have this zoom value stored?

Denis

RE: Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - Edi_28 - 19-02-2019

Have you tested it with the fixture I specified?

Manufacturer: Ignition
Type: Teatro LED Spot 100FR
Mode: 6ch.

For my understanding, the fixture default and highlite values should not have anything to do with the programmed values in the cue as long as they are all off. Furthermore when I again edited the fixture I saw that my changes have not been saved. They were set back to 128.

When I'm back at the concole, I'll test it again.

Regards,
Edi

RE: Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - Edi_28 - 20-02-2019

Today I had the chance to test the issue again.
I created a new show and patched 1 Ignition Teatro Led Spot 100FR in 6 Channel Mode.
After patching I tried to edit the default and highlight values for the zoom parameter to 0. After setting the value I clicked Save & Close. I then opened the edit Fixture dialog again and saw that my changes have not been saved. The values have been set back to 128 as they were when I patched the fixture from the factory library.

I then tried another fixture from a different manufacturer and there it was possible to change the default value for the zoom parameter.
So it looks like the problem had to do with the Ignition fixture.

What may be the reason, that a parameter change of a specific fixture is not saved?

RE: Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - Steve_Mutter - 20-02-2019

Hey Edi,

just tested this with an new Show.
Your Right I'm able to confirm your Issue!
Could not change any Default Value!
It's also not possible to create new Fixture and use the Igniton as Template!
With other Fixtures it's possible! (Tested with Generic Dimmer, Martin Mac 250, JB Lighting P7)
Later I will test if It's possible to create an Emty Fixture an set Channels as Ignition's

RE: Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - Steve_Mutter - 20-02-2019

Here's the Fixture with Default Zoom 0...
You just have to add the Ranges, sorry not enough time Big Grin

RE: Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - denishessberger - 21-02-2019

(20-02-2019, 09:17 PM)Edi_28 Wrote: Today I had the chance to test the issue again.
I created a new show and patched 1 Ignition Teatro Led Spot 100FR in 6 Channel Mode.
After patching I tried to edit the default and highlight values for the zoom parameter to 0. After setting the value I clicked Save & Close. I then opened the edit Fixture dialog again and saw that my changes have not been saved. The values have been set back to 128 as they were when I patched the fixture from the factory library.

I then tried another fixture from a different manufacturer and there it was possible to change the default value for the zoom parameter.
So it looks like the problem had to do with the Ignition fixture.

What may be the reason, that a parameter change of a specific fixture is not saved?
I am seeing the same thing with this specific fixture. I'll make sure its been looked at for Version 1.09.

RE: Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - Edi_28 - 21-02-2019

Thanks to both of you guys for testing and confirming!

Also thanks to you Steve for creating the fixture with default zoom 0.  Smile

RE: Default (& Highlight) value can't be changed permanently - denishessberger - 11-09-2020

We have identified the problem and it should be fixed in the multicell release.