Highlite Forum
[FIXED] Record to Executor Buttons - Printable Version

+- Highlite Forum (https://forum.highlite.com)
+-- Forum: Infinity Chimp (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Chimp Bug Reports (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: [FIXED] Record to Executor Buttons (/showthread.php?tid=348)

Pages: 1 2

[FIXED] Record to Executor Buttons - Steve_Mutter - 17-02-2019

Hey Guys,

yesterday i noticed that if i want to Record a Cue directly on one of the 10 Executor Buttons it won't work.
Following scenario:

Step 1: Dimmer 1 @ Full
Step 2: Record to Executor Button 1 (No Matter which one)
Step 3: Edit Executor Button 1, Function to "GO" (No Matter which Function i choose)

If I Press the Exec Button (Function Go) the Cue is Highlighted in Green, but the value (and Output) doesn't change.
If I load the Cue into the Programmer the Value is shown (incl. Output) correctly.
When I Record the loaded Cue to another Exec Button it seems to work properly. In 50 % of the cases.

Today, I'm going to Downgrade the Softwareversion from 1.08 to 1.07.
With this Bug the Desk is for me unusable

Can someone confirm taht this does not only affect on my Desk?

RE: Record to Executor Buttons - Edi_28 - 18-02-2019

(17-02-2019, 04:20 PM)Steve_Mutter Wrote: Hey Guys,

yesterday i noticed that if i want to Record a Cue directly on one of the 10 Executor Buttons it won't work.
Following scenario:

Step 3: Edit Executor Button 1, Function to "GO" (No Matter which Function i choose)

If I Press the Exec Button (Function Go) the Cue is Highlighted in Green, but the value (and Output) doesn't change.
If I load the Cue into the Programmer the Value is shown (incl. Output) correctly.
When I Record the loaded Cue to another Exec Button it seems to work properly. In 50 % of the cases.

Hi Steve,

I can confirm your issue. Sometimes it works to load the cue from the executor into the programmer and recorf it again to the executor.
Please give an info how the behaviour is when you've downgraded to 1.07

Regards,
Edi

RE: Record to Executor Buttons - FFD - 18-02-2019

Hello
I can not stand this how you can bring such a version into circulation.
I need a system that works stably and not experimental.
For me after update to 1.08 no starting mer without Connected router.
Stay with "Start Network Manager".
Back to 1.07 is reflected.
If not ma money is taken in this case and a proper software is programmed that is against only a good approach and nothing else. Any cheap software solution can do more then a system needs to be at least stable.
Bin with the box before I knew this with the router to the event and Peng nothing works.
Once it is started but PAN TILT without function.
Then nothing, SUPER.
If I did everything wrong then I apologize for this letter.

RE: Record to Executor Buttons - Steve_Mutter - 18-02-2019

(18-02-2019, 09:46 AM)Edi_28 Wrote:
(17-02-2019, 04:20 PM)Steve_Mutter Wrote: Hey Guys,

Following scenario:

Hi Steve,

I can confirm your issue. Sometimes it works to load the cue from the executor into the programmer and recorf it again to the executor.
Please give an info how the behaviour is when you've downgraded to 1.07

Regards,
Edi
Hey Edi,

just downgraded to V1.07.
Little Hint Showfiles V1.08 couldn't be opened in V1.07. (I almost thought of that before)
In Version 1.07 the executor Buttons work properly.
In case of I need this whole (not very small) show(file) next week and got no time to
program the show again in 1.07 I decided to go back to V1.08 and look how to deal with that issue.

I was very surprised that after the Update to V1.08 it looks like the Exec Buttons work as they should.
Still testing with different Fixtures and Situations but as far it looks good.
I will Report if anything won't work properly

RE: Record to Executor Buttons - denishessberger - 19-02-2019

Can you try resetting everything in the "Off Toolbar"?
There havent been any changes in 1.08 to how executors are handled, so I'd like to dig deeper. I tried to reproduce it here, and it is always working happily for me.

RE: Record to Executor Buttons - Edi_28 - 19-02-2019

Yesterday I tried to reproduce the issue again and was successful.
Immediately after the console had booted and I loaded my show, I did the following:

- Select a RGB LED fixture
- Set Intensity to 100% with @@
- Selected a color with the color picker (eg BLUE)
- Recorded it to an empty cuelist (REC -> Empty Slot in CUEList widget)
- Linked the new CueList to Executor button 1 (LINK -> CUEList -> e1)

When I activated e1 I saw that the cue was executed (green) but Intensity was not output.

Then I also assigned the same cuelist to a fader, moved it once up and down and removed the cuelist from the fader.
Then it worked on the executor button.

As long as the cuelist was linked to a fader too, it was ok for me that the intensity was not output when the executor was pressed, because
the linked fader shall control the intensity.

Regards,
Edi

RE: Record to Executor Buttons - denishessberger - 21-02-2019

Hmm, I tried now in multiple ways and am not able to reproduce this.
Can you explain exactly what you are doing, or maybe even film and upload it somewhere?
Denis

RE: Record to Executor Buttons - denishessberger - 21-02-2019

dont get me wrong - im just trying to reproduce the issue Smile

RE: Record to Executor Buttons - Edi_28 - 21-02-2019

(21-02-2019, 06:47 PM)denishessberger Wrote: dont get me wrong - im just trying to reproduce the issue Smile
No worries Denis! We all just want the chimp to be perfect and work flawless. I'll try to reproduce and take a video as soon as possible.

RE: Record to Executor Buttons - Steve_Mutter - 21-02-2019

I think the issues with the Exec Buttons are done on my desk but now I got an very strage issue with exec Button 7.
Just check out the Video Huh  I'm a bit confused Sad 

https://youtu.be/9vPzsb99zCw