Highlite Forum
[SOLVED] x-fade is not working properly - Printable Version

+- Highlite Forum (https://forum.highlite.com)
+-- Forum: Infinity Chimp (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Chimp Bug Reports (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] x-fade is not working properly (/showthread.php?tid=390)

Pages: 1 2

[SOLVED] x-fade is not working properly - sneaker - 09-05-2019

I have a problem with the function x-fade at cue lists. the cue is on a fader and is set as x-fade. but the chimp does not fade from one step to the other but always turns hard in the middle. 
Under fade I show that I can thread slowly between the cues, or I see that wrong?  Confused

RE: x-fade is not working properly - Steve_Mutter - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 04:04 PM)sneaker Wrote: I have a problem with the function x-fade at cue lists. the cue is on a fader and is set as x-fade. but the chimp does not fade from one step to the other but always turns hard in the middle. 
Under fade I show that I can thread slowly between the cues, or I see that wrong?  Confused
Did you make sure that the data in the cues between which you want to fade are fadeable?

RE: x-fade is not working properly - sneaker - 10-05-2019

yes of course, tested with pan / tilt and color RGB. both did not work. does something else have to be considered in the settings that I did not recognize? infade works, x-fade not

RE: x-fade is not working properly - WesleyHouben - 13-05-2019

Could you check for me if your fade timings in the edit cuelist window are set to default and not to a fade master.

Cheers,

RE: x-fade is not working properly - sneaker - 20-05-2019

Hi Wesley,

Yes fade timings is set default. No fade times set in the cue.

RE: x-fade is not working properly - WesleyHouben - 22-05-2019

(20-05-2019, 02:23 PM)sneaker Wrote: Hi Wesley,

Yes fade timings is set default. No fade times set in the cue.

Hi Sneaker,

Please send me your show and i will get back to you.

Cheers.

info@blackoutlighting.nl

RE: x-fade is not working properly - Angelo - 29-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 04:04 PM)i have a problem with the function x-fade at cue lists. the cue is on a fader and is set as x-fade. but the chimp does not fade from one step to the other but always turns hard in the middle. Wrote: Under fade I show that I can thread slowly between the cues, or I see that wrong?  Confused

Hello Sneaker,

give at the in-fade time any value except 0 sec (so 0.1 sec will do the job) and try to X-Fade again.

RE: x-fade is not working properly - WesleyHouben - 03-06-2019

Hi Sneaker,

As promissed, i checked your showfile and the corresponding X-fade fader. problem is as followed.
first cue - you entered for 2 movingheads a PT value
second cue - you entered for 2 OTHER movingheads PT values.

Problem with you X-Fade is that the first 2 movingheads have no values recorded in the second cue.
they simply have nothing to fade to. the same goes for the last 2 movingheads.
in order to fade between the 2 steps you need to record values for all the movingheads in both cues.

Cheers

RE: x-fade is not working properly - sneaker - 06-06-2019

Hi Wesley

Yes that is true the problem that only one value is stored.

But that is the goal. I would always like to fade from the current value on the channel to an fixed value in the cue. that always varied for two groups.
I need that so that the start is not fixed is only the end. so i can combine that with any position.

With kind regards

RE: x-fade is not working properly - WesleyHouben - 06-06-2019

Hi Sneaker,
I do understand your need but cant see how that would work with X-fade. the x-fade as it is only refferes to the values stored in the 2 cues 
off that x-fader. wich other console to your knowledge has this ability? just so i can get a refference.
Cheers