Highlite Forum
V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - Printable Version

+- Highlite Forum (https://forum.highlite.com)
+-- Forum: Infinity Chimp (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Chimp General Questions (https://forum.highlite.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output (/showthread.php?tid=770)

Pages: 1 2

V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - Tom TK - 30-03-2020

Hi there,

i am running the V1.10 version onPC and have connected an Infinity Banana Wing.

I want to output dmx from the banana wing but i cannot acces  the DMX Output in  the input/output menu.

It says ''not available''

Someone know what i am missing ?

Many Thanks!

Tom

RE: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - denishessberger - 30-03-2020

Hi Tom,

what Operating System are you running?

And do you use VMware Fusion or VMWare Player?

Oh, and any specific reason you are not running 1.11?

Best,

Denis

RE: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - Tom TK - 30-03-2020

Hi Denis,

I am running windows 10, 64 bit.

VMWare Workstation 15 Player.

I'm using V1.10 because i wanted to try out the onpc version for programming at the office. A small setup for playing around.

Any help maby ?

Tom

RE: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - denishessberger - 30-03-2020

Hi Tom,

thats a tricky one to troubleshoot - at first can you check in the USB Devices section of VMware Player if it sees the banana wing? If so, you can force it to be used by VMware Player in there.

RE: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - Tom TK - 02-04-2020

(30-03-2020, 10:17 PM)denishessberger Wrote: Hi Tom,

thats a tricky one to troubleshoot - at first can you check in the USB Devices section of VMware Player if it sees the banana wing? If so, you can force it to be used by VMware Player in there.

i can connect my Banana wing to the VMPlayer and it will work with the software. But it's not outputting any dmx to my Fixtures....

In the software, in the input/output menu,  it  says  DMX port not available and also the Artnet.  

I've read in the release notes that with this update there will be 2 dmx outputs and 2 artnet outputs available but i  can't seem to get that working.

RE: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - denishessberger - 03-04-2020

Hi Tom,

okay - thanks for that info. We'll investigate.

RE: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - denishessberger - 27-07-2020

(02-04-2020, 08:43 PM)Tom TK Wrote:
(30-03-2020, 10:17 PM)denishessberger Wrote: Hi Tom,

i can connect my Banana wing to the VMPlayer and it will work with the software. But it's not outputting any dmx to my Fixtures....

In the software, in the input/output menu,  it  says  DMX port not available and also the Artnet.  

I've read in the release notes that with this update there will be 2 dmx outputs and 2 artnet outputs available but i  can't seem to get that working.

Hi Tom,

we just rewrote the entire USB Stack / Communication between the Console OS and the PCBs which fixed a multitude of issues like these (in conjunction with the OnPC). These will be part of the multicell release.

Best,
Denis

RE: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - Tom TK - 03-11-2020

Update:
I finnaly managed to get the chimp onPC working on V.1.11. That was very helpful.
Next i managed to connect the visualizer Capture to my Chimp onPC with a banana wing connected, so i can play around with that. It is very fun and I am still learning much from my time  at home!  Awesome!
The only thing left is that i cannot output any dmx. i want to use it on a small setup where i only need a Banana Wing and my Laptop.

i'm very happy that i can use the chimp with a visualizer and i hope there will be a software update soon.
Very glad i chose the Chimp! Keep up the good work!

RE: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - denishessberger - 03-11-2020

(03-11-2020, 06:22 PM)Tom TK Wrote: Update:
I finnaly managed to get the chimp onPC working on V.1.11. That was very helpful.
Next i managed to connect the visualizer Capture to my Chimp onPC with a banana wing connected, so i can play around with that. It is very fun and I am still learning much from my time  at home!  Awesome!
The only thing left is that i cannot output any dmx. i want to use it on a small setup where i only need a Banana Wing and my Laptop.

i'm very happy that i can use the chimp with a visualizer and i hope there will be a software update soon.
Very glad i chose the Chimp! Keep up the good work!

I'm glad it worked!
DMX Outputs at the Wing, to my knowledge should also work on the OnPC though - I cant test it at the moment though because I am missing Hardware (being far away from the office).

RE: V 1.10 onPC DMX Output - annsmarty - 07-11-2022

Thank you.