[Fixed in 2.0] Chimp 100, V1.12 Bug Report: Server Connection Lost
Type of the Desk: Chimp 100 & Chimp PC

Software Version: V1.12

External Display Connected, is a touchscreen?: Yes

Connected USB Devices: Touch Screen

Networked Devices: No

Description:
I have found an error when selecting the "Deactivate" option of a parameter. Error message appears (Server Connection Lost)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Crispi,

thanks for your feedback. This issue will be fixed in Version 2.0.

Best,
Denis

Had this issue also yesterday. Is there a description what the "Deactivate" command is regularly used for? What I basically wanted to do is program the 3 colors of a RGB device on 3 faders. So in my opinion for example on the "R" fader there shouldn't be G and B parameters saved (which are selected automatically when adjusting one color) as they would overwrite the content of the other cues, right? Anyway, I achieved what I wanted with turning the parameters just "Off" and setting the Faders to "Infade". What is the difference between "Off" and "Deactivate"? Didn't find this in the manual...

Deactivate keeps the values in the Programmer (so they are still Output), but they would not be recorded; Off removes them from the programmer.
You may want to look into „Link Val.“ in the user manual to make it easier to program these things (Section 16.2.6 in the User Manual https://www.highlite.com/en/mwdownloads/...d/17400391)

Thanks for the link! Yesterday I was only looking at what turned out to be the German Quick Start Guide V1.03. Sure the full manual will clear many things up.

[quote pid="1897" dateline="1609744872"]
Hi Denis,

I know everyone hates this question...
But as stage events gladly become more and more and V1.12 (which obviously is a dedicated BETA and therefore supposed to contain bugs) has potential to fail during a show...

Is there an approx. release date for V2.0? Or would it be better to downgrade before creating new shows?

Best regards,
Edi

[/quote]

Hi Ed,
we do currently not have a date for 2.0, so indeed 1.11 would be the recommendation.

Denis

I'm sorry to hear about the server connection issue. To assist you better, could you provide more details about the bug? Additionally, performing an IP address lookup whois may help identify any potential issues. Please check the server logs for more information or contact support for further assistance.