Knockout
Hello, is there a way to knockout a fixture in a playback? 
(I have a Lampy 20, 2 universes)
Bastiaan

Hi there!

What do you mean by "Knockout" the fixture in a Playback?

To remove it from the Playback permanently? Or to temporarily make it do something else?

Best,
Denis

Hello Denis,

Thank you for this fast reply!

I want fixtures to be removed from the playback. This so that it acts the same as a fixture that I did not use yet.

In the console I used generic RGB fixtures and until I use them, they are white on the inside of their symbol in the home screen. It looks like that is the state in which they have no value yet. I would like to bring them in that state again in a way.

Of course, I can bring them to 0 (then the symbol goes to black in the inside) but 0 is also a value. So I would like them to have no value anymore: a knockout.

I hope that is more clear.

All the best,

Bastiaan

Okay, so in that situation the easiest way is to select the fixture(s) and to press Shift + Edit, to grab all values for them. If you programmed Effects in the Playback that you would like to remove as well, make sure any effect is active on the parameters you want to remove from the playback.
Then press Record, click on the Title-Bar where it says "Record", choose Remove and select the Playback. Now a Dialog should be shown, asking you to select the Cue(s).
Select the Cues from the List and press on "Ok" or "Remove from Selected Cues" (Not sure what the exact wording is, top of my head).

Hope this helps Smile

Denis

Great! Good to read there is something! I will try that! :-)

Hello Denis,
Unfortunately this solution did not work. In the fixture view I can see that removing the values, in the way you said, does not change that light to the same state as the other, not used fixtures. The symbol of the fixture is still black on the inside and not white, just like the other, not used fixtures are. Is there any way to bring a fixture that has been recorded before, back to the original state?

The reason for this question is that I want to record a timed loop of cues (on a Cuecore, that has to play it) and after each cue the values of the cue before have to be removed and not brought to the value 0. This because I run it while another loop is continuous running. And I do not want that other loop to be brought to dark.

For now I solved it to have each light switching on with a one shot effect (ramp down) in every cue. No values will stay in that way. But it is kind of hard to time this and actually, I would need the opposite of the Off effect: an On effect for it.   

All the best,
Bastiaan

Hi Bastiaan,

Sorry - I misunderstood then - I thought you wanted to remove a fixture completely from a Playback.
In this use-case there is unfortunately not a way (on the Lampy, on the chimp you could make it a non-tracking Cuelist) to do what you would like to do.

Sorry for that Sad

We’ll keep this scenario in mind for possible future feature updates, although none are planned at the moment. We’ll most likely have a bugfix release ready soon.

Best,
Denis