[SOLVED] Full Button
Hello all,

with an open channelset window like gobo or fixed colorwheel the full button set this parameter to 255.

for example youu have gobo window open....then you remember your fixtures are still dim closed and you press FULL will set gobo channel to 255 which is wrong. FULL should always only be connected to dim value.

greetz
Sascha

Hi Sascha,

To be able to help you we really need more iinformation.
when reporting a bug, please at least tell which software your console is running and which fixtures have this problem.
it would be very helpfull to have a video of the problem and a copy of your showfile so we can try to reproduce the problem at our side.

for what info you gave us, I suspect it will be a fixture or patch issue.
Feed your Chimp, Keep Calm or go Banana's!!

Best regards,  Ron

Hello Ron,

i had the chimp 300 a few days to try and test out.

It was 2 weeks ago with the latest firmware.

I am not talking about a single fixture.

It will happen with every fixture.

Press the encoder for example for gobos, the screen for your gobo selection with all the nice thumbnails will open.......now press FULL button.

same for all other selectionwindows......

Send me an Chimp 300 and i will do Bugsearching for you Smile

Greetz
Sascha

Hi Sascha,

thank you for your extra info, we will look into it and find out what is happening.

regarding your bug searcher request... believe me that this list already is very long...
please understand that we couldn't send you a Chimp console, this would not be fair to all other users which have invested in these consoles. however you are always welkom at our Chimp training facility.
here we have plenty of consoles available for you to play with.

hope to see you one day.
Feed your Chimp, Keep Calm or go Banana's!!

Best regards,  Ron

(02-08-2017, 10:42 PM)Sasch600xt Wrote: Hello all,

with an open channelset window like gobo or fixed colorwheel the full button set this parameter to 255.

for example youu have gobo window open....then you remember your fixtures are still dim closed and you press FULL will set gobo channel to 255 which is wrong. FULL should always only be connected to dim value.

greetz
Sascha
Hi Sascha,

this is intended behavior. When the Ranges Dialog of an Encoder is open you will see that this dialog also offers a special commandline on the keypad tab. That way you can use the keypad to type in specific DMX or Percent values directly on the keypad for each individual Parameter that is offered by a Fixture. The Dialog therefore captures the numberblock as long as it is open. It stops doing so once the dialog is closed again.

One Exampple:
You have 20 RGB Fixture Selected and hit the encoder that is linked to the "Red" Parameter. Now you can type "@0 Thru 100 Enter". You have just fanned the Red Value accross your 20 Fixtures from 0 to 100%. Now do the same with the blue Channel and type "@100 Thru 0". You have now created a color crossfade accross your 20 Fixtures manually using the numberblock.

This is just an example. It can be used with any other Channel as well. We are doing it quite often with Iris or Zoom Channels. The Fanning also takes into account your Grouping. You can also type "@ 0 Thru Thru 100" which results in a fan going from 0 to 100 and back to 0 accross the fixture selection.

Best regards,
Thomas