Timecode Programming
Hello everybody! First of all, a happy new year to you all.
We got us a Chimp 300 a while ago now to fill up our portfolio. Great desk!
By now, we are pretty good into it and are able to work with it pretty quick and easy.
There is a Question we have though. We did not really figure out, how programming timecode shows is done. As the Chimp 300 supports timecode, i guess there should be a way to programm a show and let it play by timecode to music automatically. Thinking back to the good old Licon 1x, you inserted your music via usb stick, opened the timecode bar, and recorded your cues and sequenses to the timeline of the music. Even though this is not really a TIMECODE show haha, you get what i mean.

So the question now is, can somebody explain in detail, how to make it possible to record a show and let it play back to music. Is other Equipment needed? (Software Hardware ..) How does it work to let a chimp paly back a full show to a song.. and so on. A little step by step introduction, or even every information would help alot.

Thank you very much!

Hey,

for a TC Show you Need a TC Signal, SMPTE Ort Midi. Setup > Input > Timecode. The SMPTE Signal Must Be Conected at the Audio-In port, at the back of your console, Same with the Midi Signal. There are some PC Applications that Generate a TC Signal. Google is your friend. I have use Horae, it can Play back Audio and generate a SMPTE Signal. 

To programm the light, just do it like normal. Open the Cuelist und choose every Cue an set the triggermode as Timecode. Now  you can set the exactly Time for every Cue Smile

Wow. perfect thank you very much! Easy Big Grin
The chimp also has the internal timecode clock. Should this work to? or does a timecode show ONLY work with external timecode signal routet into the console?

Thanks Big Grin

Edit:
oh stupid question! Then the show would not be synct to music! haha forget the last question Tongue