Clear Button
Hello all,

Clear button should work as follow :

1.  clear = clear selection
2. clear = clear programmer (red for store)
3. clear = clears values back to default or executer value

greetz
Sascha

why would you use the clear button if you just can deselect the group of fixtures you have selected with the group buttons?
please explain and motivate.

i'm wondering if you have the same troubles with the MA and HOG way for 'clear' button usage.
Feed your Chimp, Keep Calm or go Banana's!!

Best regards,  Ron

Hello Ron,

the way how to use the clearbutton comes from the GMA System (GMA1 and GMA2)

Chimp does only changed the order for 1,2,3 times clear..

Let me motivate you :

Consider yourself in Live conditions at a music band or a party or whatever.

You have 5 groups for movinglights assigned to faders.

With MAs way of clear you dont have to look wich groups are selected and wich not.

simple press once clear so you have no selection, then select group 3 and press preset color "red" for example.

With the way you have it right now, if you accidently press group 3 which is already selected......so what happen is you deselect group 3 and you press color "red" and nothing will happen.

see it in live conditions.......we don´t have always time to "look" around the desk which group is selected and which not.

Like the GMA1 and GMA2 does it is perfect........no need for a change in a basic funktion.

Have a great day Smile
Sascha

Hi All,  Big Grin

I think its rather a personal preference how the clear button should work. I understand
your live-operating issue with the way the clear button works. however as an executor
operator neglecting the presets entirely, i would never come across this problem. 

if you want to deselect all fixtures in a fast way, (assuming that the clear buttons stays as
it is) you can use Infinity + Last to deselect everything. 

that should satisfy [size=small]your operating needs i hope[/size]
With kind regards,

Wesley 

Deselecting all fixtures also works when you press "0 Enter" on the commandblock. Holding down "Clear" a bit longer will auto-clear programmer and selection with one button press.